No one is overjoyed to hear they need a root canal treatment, but it can be the best way to save a badly infected tooth from extraction. Your dentist in Sarasota will examine your tooth and can tell you if this treatment is appropriate. Root canal treatments are often carried out by an endodontist. This is a dentist who specializes in treating the pulp and root canals in your teeth. It’s advantageous to visit an endodontist as they are highly experienced in carrying out root canal therapy, and will ensure treatment is comfortable and effective.
An infected tooth can be painful, and searching for an endodontist might be the last thing you want to do. The following tips will help narrow down your search:
- Your dentist in Sarasota should be able to recommend a reputable endodontist. Their office should have all this information to hand.
- There’s no reason why you have to follow your dentist’s recommendation as you are perfectly free to choose your own endodontist.
- Root canal therapy is a common treatment, so ask friends, family and colleagues for recommendations. Hearing their first-hand experiences can be invaluable in making your selection.
- Look online for an endodontist in your area. Take the time to read about their credentials and read reviews.
- Choose an experienced endodontist who has already carried out many root canal procedures.
- Book a consultation to make sure you feel comfortable and confident with your choice. If you have second thoughts then find another endodontist in your area.
Root canal dentist in Sarasota FL