Getting the smile you’ve always dreamed of is possible with a smile makeover. Whether it’s just one or two simple treatments, or a long list of procedures, your smile can benefit with the help of a cosmetic dentist.
A smile makeover is all about identifying what you dislike about your smile and having a candid talk with your dentist about changes you’d like to see. Your dentist will assess your oral health and suggest any treatments required before pursuing cosmetic solutions. It is always advised to ensure you are in the best oral condition possible before embarking on your smile makeover.
Then you and your dentist can discuss the recommended treatments that will help you achieve your smile goals. The dentist will take into consideration your skin tone, facial features, teeth, gums and lips in creating a personalized treatment plan. The outcome will likely be a more appealing, confident and younger look. Another bonus is that cosmetic dental techniques sometimes improve dental function as well.
Common issues addressed with smile makeovers are:
- Discolored teeth – teeth that are stained or yellowed from food and drinks, smoking, poor hygiene, medications, trauma or age can be helped by your cosmetic dentist. Professional teeth whitening is especially valuable in quickly and effectively brightening your smile a number of shades in just an hour. If you prefer home teeth whitening, your dentist can recommend the most effective choices for your goals.
- Gaps – gaps between your teeth are best hidden with dental veneers. These thin porcelain shells are adhered to the fronts of your teeth to cover flaws.
- Missing teeth – holes in your smile can be resolved with dental implants, which provide a long-term, attractive, secure and comfortable restoration.
- Misaligned or uneven teeth – porcelain veneers are an excellent way to take care of a faulty smile. The result will be the perfect alignment of a beautiful smile.
- Cracked or chipped teeth – bonding using composite resin material can correct cracks or chips, or dental veneers can hide them.
Smile makeover dentist in Sarasota